Christine R. Bay
Artist (Pop-surrealist), Maker, Singapore
Christine R. Bay is an artist, illustrator and maker from Singapore; and she dabbles in various traditional, digital and mixed media.
Her works mostly revolve around using human portraits as a representation of the story she wants to tell and the values she wants to convey. She also plays a lot on symbolisms via surreal elements that she includes in her artworks. Being a maker, she sometimes incorporates various crafting skills into her pieces.
While she is mainly self-taught, she has attended various art courses and masterclasses held by esteemed artists, like Angela Maria Sierra (@risochan on IG) and Shana Levenson.
When Christine is not painting at her easel or sketching on her iPad, she is usually crocheting up some yarn graffiti or tactile art installations with the local Yarnbombing SG team or participating in doodling gigs and assisting in workshops. Otherwise, she can be found at her sewing studio, thinking of what she wants to sew next.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for any collaboration or commission enquiries.
- #TAE21 (Twitter Art Exhibit) at Cheltenham Racecourse, Hall of Fame & Online, United Kingdom
- Wayward Realities at Space Encounters Gallery, Philippines
- Visual Stories on Mental Health at A Space Between, Singapore
- Fluid Spaces at Arts Outreach, Gillman Barracks, Singapore
- Small Works Show at Online (Penumbra Gallery)
- Working Together, From Home #1 at working-together.info (online platform), Singapore
- Catharsis at The Substation, Singapore
- Anime: The Ultimate Genre Bender at Kult Gallery, Singapore
- REJECTS at The Substation, Singapore
- Custom Singa Sculpture Exhibition (Singapore Kindness Movement) at Raffles City Singapore, Singapore
- My Take on Water Art at Glass Shards along Orchard Road, Orchard, Singapore
- All Can Be Frida at Espacio Gallery x The Artists Pool, London, UK
- Pameran Poskad 2018 at Ion Gallery, Orchard, Singapore
- Tokyo International Art Fair at Bellesalle Roppongi, Tokyo, Japan
- Dia De Muertos 2017: A Tribute to Frida at Pop up event, Singapore
- ATTAGIRL Anniversary at Habitual, Singapore
- Portrait Shuffle at Festival of Quilts, Birmingham, England
- 52 Tales at Capitol Piazza, Singapore
- Design Festa Vol. 45 at Tokyo Big Sight, Japan, Tokyo
- Seven Deadly SINs – Strength In Numbers at Capitol Piazza, Singapore
- Pameran Poskad 2015 at Gillman Barracks, Singapore
- Art of Cross-Stitching, Popin Community Craft Project at The Art House, Singapore
- Pameran Poskad 2012 at Viridian Art House / Galeri Utama, Singapore